If you have decided that a used car is the right choice for you, you have already made a smart choice. Buying a used car can help save you thousands of dollars. However, if you want to get a great used car and not a mediocre one, you need to know how to test-drive a used car.
- Stay neutral. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is mentally buying the car before you have even seen it. Be prepared to say no even if it is a car you really wanted.
- Do a walkaround. Before getting in the car, do a thorough inspection of the exterior. Look for signs of damage, uneven tire wear, or noticeable leaks underneath the car.
- Start the engine. Star the car and let the engine idle while you listen. Do you hear any squeaks or other unwanted noises?
- Test the interior. While the engine is running, take a seat inside. Make sure you can fully adjust the seat into a comfortable driving position. Test the interior components, like the HVAC, radio, and infotainment system.
- Hit the road. Do a thorough road test that includes highway and city driving. Don’t forget to try parking the car and get a feel for how it drives in reverse.
Now that you know how to test-drive a used car, act on it by stopping into Urka Auto Center and checking out our great selection firsthand.